Knowledge | 2022-05-17
The advantages and disadvantages of industrial ultrasonic cleaner
Over time, more and more enterprises and government agencies are using advanced and rapidly developing cleaning technologies such as ultrasonic waves and benefit from them.
An industrial ultrasonic cleaner is a machine that uses high-frequency sound waves to remove pollutants on solid surfaces (including ceramics, glass, metals, plastics, and rubber). Some benefits are the minimum power consumption and removing various pollutants without harsh scrubbing.
The ultrasonic cleaners can remove the pollutants with traces, even if they are hidden in the gap or are closely embedded in the solid surface. Therefore, it usually does not need to be removed before cleaning, to save time and trouble. Removal pollutants include dirt, dust, oil, tobacco, mold, mold, wax, scale, algae, bacteria, bacteria, carbon deposit, polishing agent, pigment, fingerprints, biological dirt, and fat.
The principle of ultrasonic cleaning is based on the ultrasonic frequency from 20khz to 200khz to produce bubbles in the liquid. These bubbles implode and are converted into mechanical energy in the form of shock waves. The ultrasonic cleaner has two main components. Generators and transducers. The generator converts the 50/60 Hz electrical energy received from the power supply to the desired ultrasonic frequency. Later transducers converted electrical energy from the generators into mechanical vibrations. Ultrasonic cleaning for cleaning metal, lenses, jewelry, dental tools, watches, screws, and so on.
In the use of ultrasonic cleaning, what are its advantages and disadvantages need to be noted?
Advantages of an ultrasonic cleaner:
1. It takes less time to clean components.
2. It is more effective than other methods in removing pollutants.
3. Parts cleaned in this way have a longer life. Finish machined surfaces to reduce wear and friction.
4. Reduced the number of non-conforming parts, thus reducing the cost of materials.
5. With higher energy levels, it can reach small cracks and remove surface dirt.
6. Significant reduction in solvent costs.
7. This approach is environmentally friendly because it reduces emissions and biodegrades waste.
8. It is best to use water as a cleaner because it is non-toxic, non-flammable, and environmentally friendly. In addition, compared with other organic solvents, the cavitation energy in water-based solutions is stronger.
Disadvantages of industrial ultrasonic cleaner:
1. The efficiency of the transducer affects the cleaning time and the efficiency achieved during the cleaning cycle. Therefore, it is recommended to buy a well-known brand of ultrasonic cleaning machine.
2. Other factors such as heat, power, frequency, detergent type, and time can affect the overall cleaning process.
3. Made from electronic parts, easy to be damaged by high temperature. Therefore, maintain the optimal temperature level as recommended by the manufacturer of the ultrasonic cleaner.
4. Need to keep the temperature appropriately. This is because the temperature reaches the boiling point of the solution; the liquid will boil in the negative pressure area of the sound waves. This reduces or eliminates the phenomenon of air acupoints.
5. Ultrasonic cleaning requires skilled operators. In addition, you need to read the user manual before starting the cleaning process.