Knowledge | 2022-04-14
The cleaning and maintenance problem for diamonds and jewelry
Diamond is the precious jewelry that has the most collective value. The surface color is not bright or discolored after a long time of wearing. How do you make daily maintenance for that?
Diamonds are easily contaminated with oil. This makes the surface color uneven. Usually, there are several ways for cleaning and maintain jewelry:
1. Use cleaning chemical
Use a small bowl or a teacup with warm water and put the appropriate amount of neutral detergent in the water. Soak the Diamond in water, and brush it gently with a toothbrush. And then put it in a sieve, rinse it under the tap with warm water, and then dry it with a soft, lint-free cloth.
2. Coldwater immersion
Put the diamond in a small bowl or a teacup with cold water for about 30 minutes. Then use a small brush to gently brush it in front of the diamond. And then wave it in the water, and use the paper towel to dry.
3. Quick cleaning method
Buy jewelry cleaning fluid from the proper sources. Or use a 1:6 chlorine solution. If cleaning diamonds at home, you can use a soft brush to gently scrub. This will remove most of the stains, and can greatly improve the brightness of the diamond.
4. Ultrasonic cleaning
The feature of ultrasonic cleaning is having no dead angle in cleaning. It can clean a very subtle place and quickly complete cleaning. In addition, the use of a small ultrasonic cleaning machine will not damage the surface of diamonds and jewelry.
Tips for maintaining diamond and jewelry at home:
1. When you do housework, don't let the diamonds attach to oil or bleach water. Because oil will affect the luster of drilling and bleaching water will make some spots on the metal.
2. It is not advisable to wear diamonds to do heavy work. Although the diamond is hard and wear-resistant, it might be damaged if it is hit by its texture direction.
3. Never put diamonds in a drawer or jewelry box with other jewelry. Because diamonds scratch other jewelry when they're rubbed. Platinum jewelry and gold should not wear at the same time. Because gold is softer, if mutual friction, not only can make gold jewelry be damaged but also can make gold dye on platinum. It will make it yellow, and very difficult to remove.
4. Send your platinum jewelry to the jeweler every year for inspection. So they can see if the diamond and the setting are loose and frayed. So that they can be repaired.
5. Diamonds bond to oils and fats. Diamonds lose their luster if they stick to skin oils, cosmetics, and kitchen grease. Therefore it should be cleaned once a month. You can buy a small jewelry ultrasonic cleaner to keep it bright.